Saturday, January 29, 2011

Litchfield National Park - Buley Rockhole

Next stop in Litchfield National Park was Buley Rockhole, where we could swim. My of the waterholes in the area were closed due to wet season (and crocodile risk) but Buley Rockhole is one of only two in the area where swimming in risk free - but that said, the current was pretty strong!!!


Me sliding down the waterfall. I fell down all four levels of the waterfall on my backside and ended up with a nasty bruise on my bottom.


Me at the bottom, after hurting my bottom!


We enjoyed the swim in the amazingly fresh water. I'm on the right, trying to stay upright because the current was so strong.


I'm second on the right, in the rockpool which was about 4 metres deep.


The spectacular waterfalls from the bottom.


Another spectacular shot of the gushing water.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment